Friday, January 1, 2010

Checking in: a quiet week


Menuchah's been working like a little beaver on her gardening and is now at level 7. Too bad that's all she ever does. She and William are still an item, but they aren't doing anything about it. I guess they like it the way it is.

She's the one I've always had the most trouble getting out of the house, so I was glad to see her downtown talking to this townie.



Rachel had changed her hair without asking me, so I changed it back. It wasn't bad, but it looked so ... ordinary. Her original hair was still there in CAS, so I was able to get it back, but now the pony tail is held back by a little clip instead of a bow. Weird.



All right, Rachel, stop kidding around. Just put it back the way it was and leave it.



Max is still content to be unemployed and has low levels in several skills.



Rachel and Max's son Riley wanted to learn to paint. so I bought him an easel and made him use it. This is the closest I've seen this kid come to smiling. I don't know why he's so solemn all the time, with two parents who seem so happy all the time.



I still can't believe he changed so much when he aged up. I go back and look at him as a toddler and I can't believe it's him. He's got such beautiful delicate features, but they seem to sit oddly on his face, as if they don't quite all fit. I'm anxious to see what he'll look like as a teen: whether he'll look like the school nerd or a real lady killer.

All the other kids are teens now. Sharla Sharma (on the right) has started wearing her hair in braids and looks a lot like her mom. She needs a little lesson in fashion sense, though. This isn't her nightgown. It's what she chooses to wear to school.



I finally caught her smiling, too! Who knew she'd be so happy about going to school?



As soon as I started catching sight of the teens in each other's friends tabs, I got so excited I had to run around and get a look at them all before doing any more in-depth visiting.

I found Carter Townsend reading a book at the fish hatchery. Why there, Carter? Watch out, girls! Here comes mister OhMyGodWhatAHunkIsHeLookingAtMe. On closer inspection, I find that he's got a crush on a townie named Adrian Pickett. She's the sister of Ronnie's girlfriend. That whole Pickett family looks just alike. I have to keep a scorecard to see who is who. Drat. I wanted him to fall in love with one of OUR girls.



Wyatt Walker and his boy Freddie. Hotness times two! Is Freddie a chip off the old block, or what? I just watched them for a while. Had to wipe a little drool off the keyboard after.

 

Lexie has completed the Celebrity Skill Challenge. I had to look that up; it's the one where she knows 25 other sims. As a reward, she's supposed to make friends more quickly now.

Oh, for God's sake, Lexie. What have you done to your pretty hair? Not you too! That's it. No more women in the science career. They're obviously doing some experiments there that turn their employee into clones of each other.



Wyatt's at career level 6, pastry chef, and is very close to another promotion.

I bought Stephanie Townsend the computer she asked for. Talia immediately made Stephanie get off it so she could get on it herself and play games. She played until she nearly passed out from lack of sleep. Like me. The Townsends now have two computers.

Carter is very busy. He wanted to buy a tomato and learn to garden, but when the sink broke he then wanted to fix it. I think he's having second thoughts about that, judging by the way he's scowling at that wrench.



Carter went to the Pickett's after school, and Stephanie invited a boy named Oscar Alphender home with her. Before she got on the bus, Stephanie changed into her dress. I wonder if she likes this boy.


7 comments:

  1. Finally, you're back. Once again, I made the mistake of going back and clicking on another pic after commenting.

    Great update. Carter is still so handsome.

    Are you sure you got all the drool off the keyboard?

    They all look great.

    Thought my pc had messed up there for a minute when I saw the robot pic. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you back, Sue! Carter is...wow! So is Freddie. Dang. I had the same thing happen with Lexie's hair when I downloaded her. Brown hair in that style. I just left the style and changed the color. She looks good in almost anything.

    I keep going back to Carter. Drool indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urgghh, blogger ate my first comments!

    Good to see you posting gorgeous pics again Sue.

    Wyatt and Freddie are handsome fellows.

    But Carter is outstanding. He should have to wade through throngs of admiring girls. Drool worthy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say yesterday that the hair Lexie has is the same one that showed up when I downloaded her originally, since I didn't have the cc hair. I changed it to short and blonde because it was short and blonde when you uploaded her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just noticed I have a new follower. Thanks, Kapreasha. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sharla looks so much like her mommy! =o

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not in a position to see this web site properly on my phone :(

    Stop by my homepage; having trouble getting pregnant the third time

    ReplyDelete