Monday, December 14, 2009

A rash of burglaries


I was planning on doing a long update this time and spending lots of time with each family, but most of them just weren't doing anything interesting.

Menuchah at least had another exciting interlude. Last time it was a fire; this time it's a burglar. I made her wake up and call the police as soon as I heard the burglar music. The cop came, and then just stood there for so long that even the burglar got bored. Menuchah turned her head and gave a deadpan look into the camera as if to say, "Can you BELIEVE this?!"



Then he had the gall to stand there and check her out.



She's thinking "oh, you are SO busted just as soon as I call your boss tomorrow."




Rachel and Max's son Riley is a big boy now. He's disciplined, friendly, and he has the photographer's eye, which is one of the new WA traits. I changed his hair style but nothing else. I LOVE the way he dressed himself. That's Rachel's son, all right. I wouldn't have known him for the same child, though. Everything about him looks different, right down to his skin color. Rachel is actually watching TV with him in this shot. I didn't know they could watch TV in bed.



I saw another ghost there. Apparently, the entire Remington family is buried on the property and I never noticed. I found some other headstones in the flower bed.



Max is still unemployed. I can't keep him away from the books, but all he will read is pregnancy books even though he has a pack full of skill books. Rachel isn't even pregnant. Every time I take the pregnancy books away from him, he gets another one.


Lexie and her son Freddie enjoyed a nice afternoon at the park. I might have gotten a better shot of them had they not both kept choking on their hamburgers, leaving not much for me to take a picture of. While they were eating, I got a popup message saying "William ran into Menuchah Muleskinner and chatted for a while." I've never had a message like that before. Menuchah was at work and William was having drinks inside the diner rabbit hole, so this may be something new - the game letting me know of things my active family is doing that it knows I can't see for myself. I wish it would do that more often!



I got that message twice, then when he'd finished his drinks, William stayed in the parking lot and started playing his guitar. Suppose he's serenading her? Hehe.



Tyler and Talia had a great day. They both landed promotions. Tyler also got a hefty bonus and a cool new food processor. Stephanie got too hungry to wait for mom and dad to get home, and cooked dinner herself. She looks pretty pleased with herself.



I don't know who this lady is who was at home with the kids, since Stephanie's plenty old enough to do any babysitting needed. Whoever she is, the kids decided to have some fun with her. Stephanie staged an insane fit and freaked the poor woman out. Carter was amused.



Sharla Sharma came over for a visit and she and Carter got acquainted. Those sim kids are so polite. They invited Sharla to stay for dinner, but she had to go home.



A nice family dinner. Mom was eating at the diner. If anything could make Tyler less sexy it would be that hat, but he's still damn fine.




I was right: the cute girl at the protest rally, Georgia Pickett, is officially Ronnie's girl now. I didn't get to see them together, but I'm sure I will soon.

Ronnie got hit by a burglar too. Fortunately, he had an alarm designed to incapacitate burglars by splitting their eardrums and blinding them with radiating pulses of neon light.



Ronnie got a kick out of it all.



I noticed he got another promotion, too. And a commendation from the General for doing a good deed.

Honestly, this ghost is everywhere. I liked it when they stuck to their own property.



Just because Ronnie gives me such good photo ops and I love taking pictures of him ...








11 comments:

  1. You have me ROFL.
    Those guys are always checking them out. I love it when they look at us like that.

    I love the insane fit. Those two must have decided that would be the best way to git rid of the baby sitter.

    I would not have recognized Tyler.

    I have only had a couple of pop ups that were new to me. One was about sims moving to the suburbs. One was when I was playing Wyatt and Marta. That popup informed me that Justin Long had a warrant for the warehouse. I wish I had gone there to see if he was there.

    Love the look on Ronnies face when he's looking at the burglar.

    I haven't seen any ghost anywhere but the cemetery so far in this new game.

    A warning while I'm here. I just left the forum and it is crazy. All kinds of wierd things happening. The site that is, not the people. Just thought I would let you know before you think something is wrong with your pc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I not spell tonight or what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, two burglaries. The last couple of Sam stories, he has been hit in the first day or so. But I haven't seen a rash of burglaries.

    I haven't noticed any ghosts lately, certainly not all over town night and day.

    I really hate that culinary outfit. Even the best looking Sims look horrible in that hat.

    I know what you mean about houses being dull sometimes. My free will neighborhood seems to mainly just be slowly ticking away. Mind you, I'm afraid to turn aging back on because I will be losing both Grandpa and Jon Lessen extremely soon after I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ Max and the pregnancy books... awww :)

    I can't believe that cop checking out Menuchah's arse!

    I am so glad Ronnie and Georgia got together. I hope you manage to get some pics of them together soon. They must be adorable.

    Maybe that young ghost's parents were very strict and he was not allowed out much in his previous life.

    BTW, I saw in news that there is a patch update coming in December... mostly they brag about how one can now shop from the store while playing your game...

    I can only shudder as I think of all the malfunctions that patch might create! Surely they should be fixing all the major issues first before they add fancy spandangles.

    I think I'll hold off and see what the simmers say on the forum before I DL it. LOL

    Dee, I also noticed that about the site (my) late yesterday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went back to the forum last night and things seemed to be back to the norm except my wish list was still gone.

    I seldom leave my internet access on when playing the game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dee, my wishlist is also not appearing at my Profile Page, but I can access it from my wishlist at the store.. weird LOL

    Btw, I uploaded some housed I made yesterday which I will be using in the next freewill repopulate.. I am just aging up 2 of Rad's sims she wanted me to include in the game.. Can't wait to get started.. still mulling over which sims of you guys I will add.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFL. Menuchah's expressions when the cop is just standing there are hilarious. Max is hinting for another baby.

    William is just too cute. That's a great shot of Ronnie through the window. Ronnie has a girl and all my preconceptions of him are thrown out the window!

    Houses? Worsie loaded houses? I must have! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well.. lOL, they proberbly not that great.. out of practice abit and all, but houses was what I loved doing most in sims2, I'll get better as we go along I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just checked the forum because I was wanting to know if the CAW was released. It's wild there. I'll just stick to our blogs for a little while. I'll check out the new houses as soon as I can. Looking forward to the repopulation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, the forums are out of control. People going off because of a "rumor" that CAW might be released today and offended by the word "soon". I'm flabbergasted.

    ReplyDelete