Saturday, December 12, 2009

Wayward adults and cute kids


With one or two exceptions, everybody was on the verge of getting demoted or fired. Even the ones whose job performance smileys were perfect. The only reason I could come up with is that, when I'm not looking, they're skipping work. I did find one or two skipping work when I played their households. It may be related to that glitch I've been getting lately where they queue up a task and instantly cancel it, in an endless loop so they end up doing nothing. I saw a lot of that happening too. It's a funny glitch. It comes and goes.

None of the babysitters would go home, either. That was actually pretty funny, and I left the Walker's babysitter there because he at least was taking good care of the baby while everybody else went to bed. He also mopped up the puddle from the broken sink and put away the dinner leftovers.

I went around slapping wrists, sending them to work if I found them playing hooky, taking away the novels they keep slipping into their backpacks, and making doubly sure they only have skill books to read.

I set aging on normal now that the baby boom is over. I snuck in a few last toddler screenshots before they all age up.
 






The park is haunted. That ghost who lives in Rachel's house has begun hanging out there and may never go home. He loves it there. I don't know if I like the new ghosts who can stay out in the day time. It makes it less of a novelty to have a playable ghost.
 




This guy looks like he was young and cute when he died. He seems very happy.

Tyler finished up the job of teaching Carter to walk.
 



I wanted one nice shot of Stephenie Townsend before she aged. I've never seen anybody actually build anything with the blocks before.
 


I had to spend at least a few minutes with each person while they were at work, to try to to get them to work harder or suck up to the boss, or whatever I thought might get them out of trouble.

Menuchah was so engrossed in talking to William on the phone that she never noticed when the hamburger she was cooking caught fire.
 



 
Good thing she had a fire alarm.
 



The fireman was pretty ticked off at her, but she seems to be secretly amused.
 


 

Not terribly perturbed, she went right ahead and prepared her lunch. A nice safe fruit and cheese plate this time.

The counter and stove were ruined, but the paper towels were untouched.


I don't know whether they were protesting engagments, diamond rings, or what, but Tyler, Rachel, and Max were all in on it. If the signs had had wedding rings on them instead of engagement rings, I'd feel a little guilty, since I'm the one who made Max and Rachel get married.
 


That Egyptian tourist is still in town. Menuchah played welcome wagon and engaged him in conversation about gardening. Stephenie had to get out of the house to read a novel, because I had taken them all away.
 


Then it was Lexie's turn. She got to hear an Egyptian folk song. The guy on the bench behind them is only dressed like a tourist. He actually lives in town. His wife is the one who knocked over Sam's trash can.
 


I know crowd shots are never very successful or very interesting, but I wanted to check on the protest rally again. I think I spotted just about all of our sims who weren't at work at the time, plus the ghost! Ronnie is standing off to the side pretending to ignore them. Maybe he's afraid he'll get in trouble at work if he gets involved.
 


Turns out he was just working up his nerve to chat up the pretty girl.
 

 
I'd intended to play until the toddlers aged up into children, but the game began to do that thing where it slows down to 2 frames per second. No exaggeration - I checked. I'll post kid pics next time.

8 comments:

  1. God, I LOVE Andrea being taken from the crib by Sammy. Her little hand just reaching out to dad...perfect.

    And Carter with his eyes wide open while learning to walk was another particularly great shot.

    The fire sequence was very funny.

    And the gang protesting was interesting. Ronnie using it as an excuse to chat up a pretty girl was cool. :)

    Great update as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carter is so adorable!

    I have never seen that kind of protest before.. it is quite amusing... maybe they are protesting the gold price? LOL

    Aww, I hope Ronnie plucks up the courage with that girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many many awwww moments here. Great way to start the day for me.

    The kids and toddlers just can't get any cuter. Stephanie thought you wouldn't find her and she could sneak a book. :)

    Those firefighters get so angry when they have to fight a fire.

    And here I thought Ronnie was standing there saying, see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil. I know nothing.

    Looking forward to seeing what they all look like aged up but going to miss the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And here I thought Ronnie was standing there saying, see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil. I know nothing."

    LOL.

    And I figured out what Menuchah was probably thinking when she seemed so amused by the whole fire episode. Since she's in the culinary career, she was probably thinking, "Oh, boy, if they ever find out about this at work... !"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ronnie rocks. Pure and simple. The pic with Tyler and Carter is so sweet. I'll miss the toddlers. I'm anxious to see how Stephanie ages up. I hope she doesn't inherit her Daddy's nose.

    I keep going back to your picture of the ghost. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Errr ... it wasn't the nose so much as the square jaw. I do miss the toddlers. They're never as cute again. Some of my girls didn't age well. However, a trip to the barber and a new outfit can work wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, a number of adorable toddlers turn into just ok children. With any luck, they will grow into the features and be fine looking again by young adult.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They usually do grow up looking good. They just seem to have to go through that kid so so stage. Most of them anyway.

    I can just imagine being in the culinary career and setting my kitchen on fire.

    ReplyDelete